Terms & Conditions
“BEEF TRAIL PASSPORT”
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
By entering into the Beef Trail Passport (the “Promotion”), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions regarding this Promotion are final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to entrants who are legal U.S. residents 18 or older at the time of entry with a mailing address in the contiguous United States. Employees, officers, and directors of the Pennsylvania Beef Council (“Sponsor”) and any other entities involved in the preparation of materials and/or administration of this Promotion (collectively referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children, and parents) and those living in the same household as those individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. This Promotion is void where prohibited. All prize awards are subject to eligibility determination and final verification by the Sponsor.
2. ENTRY PERIODS: The Promotion will begin on January 7th and end on September 4th, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Entry Period”). Mail-in entries received after the Entry Period will not be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, eligible entrants will visit a dedicated mobile landing page, supplied by Bandwango, where they can sign up for their Beef Trail Passport by providing their name, email address, and mobile phone number. When you visit a participating restaurant, buy a beef menu item and check-in at that location.
You will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes for a stamp collected at each participating restaurant. Only one passport may be completed per person, per email address.
4. DRAWING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about September 5, 2023 (“the “Drawing Date”).
Any potential winner(s) will be notified by mail, email, and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date/time the Sponsor first attempts notification; (iii) fails to return any required releases or prize notification forms; (iv) refuses the prize; or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive any prizes, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
5. PRIZES: There will be 16 winners. LIMIT: one (1) prize per person.
Pit Boss 700FB Wood Pellet Grill – Approximate retail value $499.99
Beef swag bag – Approximate retail value $25.00
Prize must be accepted as awarded, and prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or other Sweepstakes Entities for which Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities may be liable, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value if a prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Misplaced, stolen, damaged, or destroyed prizes will not be re-awarded.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. TAXES: All federal, state, and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
8. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Official Rules is invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be removed from the Official Rules, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
9. DISCLAIMER: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are late, lost, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, incompatibility at Sponsor’s or Sweepstake Entities’ Servers, mail delays, or otherwise.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, entrant’s participation in the Promotion constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and it’s designees’ successors’ and assigns’) name, likeness, prize information, city, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any manner or media without further consideration, notice, or approval.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION: As consideration for entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, officers, and affiliates, and respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, sweepstakes suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, owners and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
All entrants, as consideration for entering the Promotion, agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Released Parties from and against all claims, damages, liabilities, expenses, and reasonable attorney’s fees resulting from entrant’s participation in the Contest or their failure to comply with the terms of the above release provision.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any telephone, mail, website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor's website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor's website by a hypertext link. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the sweepstakes, if necessary, due to any technical problems, hacking, security breaches or other tampering.
14. WINNER’S LIST: To request a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope within six (6) months of the Drawing Date to Winner List, “Beef Trail Passport” 205 South Juliana Street Bedford, PA 15522.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is
Pennsylvania Beef Council “Beef Trail Passport”
205 South Juliana Street Bedford, PA 15522
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.